I hope you all are having a restful and happy 3 day weekend.
Just a couple of reminders for you before Wednesday:
- Don’t forget to complete your CFW Video, which will be due by 11:55pm on Wednesday, January 18
- To submit, you will need to upload the video to YouTube, then submit link via TSquare. Be sure you allow yourself adequate time to complete this process.
- Come to class with any final/last minute questions you have about your complete (or nearly complete) videos
- In class on Wednesday, we will choose your Independent Reading books. Come to class with your top 3 choices
- Read CCUL chapters 3 & 4
- We will discuss the evolution of utopia as a genre in class on Wednesday
- Read article on Tsquare: Cart’s “From Insider to Outsider”
- Bring your laptop/tablet to class on Wednesday: we’ll discuss Twitter and Blogs in class and get you set up to start using our class’s social media components
- You will be asked to participate in a study on the use of Twitter in composition classrooms -if you are out, please take a look at the consent form on TSquare and turn it in on Friday if you consent to participate.
Also, as you are working on your CFW videos, don’t forget about the following resources available to you:
- The Presentation Rehearsal Studios in the Clough Undergraduate Learning Center (CULC), in which you can work with a presentation coach and also record yourself and then send a link of the video to yourself (or anybody else).
- The Library’s gadget-lending service, which allows you to check out a range of equipment, including laptops, tablets, and cameras.
- YouTube features an easy how-to tutorial if you have never used it before.
- YouTube also allows you to annotate your video by adding text, links, or other graphics, with this helpful how-to guide
- If you get stuck, there are also a lot of helpful tips on YouTube, especially the YouTube Help Center.
If you have any questions before class on Wednesday, please feel free to email me. Enjoy the long weekend!