The future of poetry

Throughout the semester we have read and listen to all types of poetry. We have discovered that poetry is sometimes difficult to understand and sometimes it is easy to read. Poetry can connect people spiritually as well as emotionally.  Poetry can be described as a form of art as well as speaking to your heart from within. There are all types of different poetry in the world, one that is interesting is digital poetry.

One thing I have discovered about poetry in the digital age is the computer allows the writer to expand its skills by using more text, sound, images, and making more movement. With tools like this, it allows the writer to be a better poet every time they write different poetry. Poetry in the digital age also consists of poems you can click on and music starts playing.  Storyline is an example of  a digital poem we read in class and it consisted of clickable sounds and readings. We also read a poem from class which was about hurricane Katrina. The poem was very creative and consisted of a lot of digital things like sound, text, and powerful content I also have discovered that more artists are using digital poetry because it makes it easier for them to publish.  I can see simple and creative writing declining in the future because of how popular digital poetry has become.  The tools of poetry are becoming more powerful and productive. The sky is the limit for any future poets trying to make it to the top. Poetry in the future will be really amazing to experience because the content today is already becoming a really difficult to understand. We read a poem from class which was about hurricane Katrina. The poem was very creative and consisted of a lot of digital things like sound, text, and powerful content.  With technology still improving and with more poets continuing to use digital poetry, the world is going to be filled with great artist and books. That is how I see poetry in the future.

One comment

1. Rebecca Hamm

I liked your points about how limitless the future of poetry is. I definitely agree with you, and I think the interaction built into so many of the digital poems we examined this semester will truly make it limitless.

Post a comment