Conquering My Fear of Group Projects

This entry was posted in Blog Post 4, Section J5 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Conquering My Fear of Group Projects

1. Tianyi Liu says:

I have had the same experience with you before. It is really fruastrating to have inresponsible team members to work with. I’m surprised how diverse your group is. It is amazing to have group members who came from such different background and share their own view. It would be wonderful to include different perspective in your video. I’m looking forward to see your final products! Wish it all goes well!

2. Shaan Patel says:

I understand what you’re saying about individual vs. group projects when it comes to having control over the group. I’ve been plagued over the years with bad groups, so I understand when people do none of the work but still reap the benefits. It’s so dumb that people can have the grades that I put my hard work into. One time I had to tell the teacher because of the fact that one person didn’t do anything, and this was one of the biggest projects in the class. The other side of that, though, is that I’ve had group projects where we’ve work amazingly together. We got so much done, and our end outcome was really good. There are upsides and downsides to both types of projects, but, overall, I feel like group projects are the best if you have the right partners. Specialization of labor is the key to group projects, but you also have to work together and not just split the workload.