For today’s class, you will respond to a set of discussion questions about Generation Like and Millennials Rising. Then you will watch a video about improving introductions and conclusions and use that advice to revise your own introduction or conclusion for your formal definition paper (due tonight by 11:55pm). Finally, you will watch a brief introduction of our next assignment, the Editorial Response.
For today’s discussion, I have posted a series of discussion questions on the TSquare forum (6 questions for Generation Like and 6 questions for Millennials Rising). Locate the forum for your course section. You will need to locate the discussion forum for both Generation Like and Millennials Rising.
Read through the discussion questions in both forums and choose 2 questions to respond to for each text. Reply to the question or other responses within the thread and post a brief response (50-150 words; 4 total responses). These posts do not have to be too formal, but should be in complete sentences and carefully proofread.
Watch the video lecture below about Introductions and Conclusions. Keep this advice in mind as you finish the revisions to your Formal Definition Paper for tonight’s deadline of 11:55pm.
Based on the video you just watched about introductions and conclusions, revise either the introduction or the conclusion of your definition argument paper.
Once you have revised either paragraph to be dynamic, sophisticated and compelling, copy and paste it into the response box at the bottom of this blog post.
NEXT ASSIGNMENT: Editorial Response
Watch the following brief video on the next assignment, the Editorial Response. This assignment sheet is available on TSquare under the Assignments tab and you should keep it handy as you begin work on this assignment.
- Turn in Formal Definition Essay no later than 11:55pm this evening. Read the assignment sheet carefully to ensure you are properly labeling, uploading and submitting your document to TSquare.
- Next week, we will begin working on the editorial response paper – to complete this assignment, you will need to find an article or editorial that discusses the Millennial generation that you want to respond to. Begin searching for this article over the weekend.
- Read WOVENText Chapter 15 (Editorials and Opinion Pieces 466-479)
- Read three editorials all linked on Tsquare:
- Schulman, “Professors Shouldn’t Only Teach Younger Versions of Themselves”
- Worthen “Lecture Me, Really“
- Vitae, “Lecture from the Lectured“