Starting immediately, we will be shifting into the online hybrid mode for this course. This means Friday’s class will be conducted online and that pattern will continue for the foreseeable future.
A couple of things to remember:
- Information for each class will be posted the night before class on the blog around 11pm. You will want to complete the readings and assignments listed on the syllabus prior to class in the morning.
- You should do your best to complete the assigned work during our regularly scheduled class time period, but if you need a little extra time to complete something, you may turn in that work by 11:55pm the same day.
- Approximately once a week, you will need to meet with your peer review groups – the easiest time to do that is during our regularly scheduled class period, since you all know you are free. Missing a group meeting would count the same as an absence from class, so make sure you are not planning other activities during class time.
- I will be holding online office hours as we continue with the semester; please stay tuned to the blog and TSquare for more information about when/how those office hours will work.
- There will be two classes that meet at our regularly scheduled time but in the Homer Rice Classroom in the Georgia Tech library. Please mark October 17 and October 31 with a big star in your calendar, as these are the days the whole class will meet with Alison Valk in the library for lessons on video editing software.
If you have questions about due dates, assignments, or other course content, don’t forget that a lot of this information is already available to you. When you have these kinds of questions, be sure you consult the following resources before you email me:
- Check the syllabus
- Check the course blog
- Check TSquare, including the announcements and assignment sheets
- Check with a classmate
- Use the TSquare forum to pose a question to the entire class
If you have additional questions or concerns not covered by these resources, please feel free to get in touch with me via email.